- Page 1 Canon PowerShot A710 IS Review
- Page 2 Canon PowerShot A710 IS Review
- Page 3 Canon PowerShot A710 IS Review
- Page 4 Test Shots – Full Resolution Crops Review
- Page 5 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
- Page 6 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
- Page 7 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
- Page 8 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
A range of test shots are shown over the next few pages. Here, the full size image has been reduced for bandwidth purposes, and a crop taken from the original full resolution image has been placed below it in order for you to gain an appreciation of the overall quality. The following pages consist of resized images so that you can evaluate the overall exposure. For those with a dial-up connection, please be patient while the pages download.
1/640th, F4, ISO 80
At the lowest sensitivity there is, predictably, no image noise at all.
1/1000th, F4, ISO 100
At 100 ISO, just 1/3rd of a stop faster, there’s still no image noise.
1/1250th, F4, ISO 200
At 200 ISO some cameras would be starting to show noise, but the A710 remains silent.
1/1250th, F8, ISO 400
At 400 ISO there is some loss of detail as the noise reduction system does its job, but the picture quality is still excellent.
1/2000th, F8, ISO 800
At the highest ISO setting there is some image noise, but it is very fine textured and doesn’t detract much from the overall quality.
Unlike other sites, we thoroughly test every product we review. We use industry standard tests in order to compare features properly. We’ll always tell you what we find. We never, ever accept money to review a product. Tell us what you think - send your emails to the Editor.