- Page 1 Canon IXUS 1000 HS
- Page 2 Design and Features
- Page 3 Performance and Results
- Page 4 Features Table
- Page 5 Test Shots – ISO Performance
- Page 6 Test Shots – Detail And Lens Performance
- Page 7 Test Shots – Zoom, Contrast and Colour
”Here are some general test shots to help evaluate the camera’s overall image quality, including dynamic range, colour rendition and the zoom range of the lens. Some pictures may be clicked to download the full size original image. ”
The wide angle end is equivalent to 36mm.
The telephoto end of the 10x zoom is equivalent to 360mm.
Dynamic range is a bit limited, although to be fair this is a very high contrast situation.
Even the i-Contrast setting doesn’t help much in this situation.
The hand-held night shot function works very well.
Autumn colours are here again; I feel a tutorial coming on…
Score in detail
Image Quality 9
Build Quality 9