- Page 1 Canon EOS 450D digital SLR Review
- Page 2 Canon EOS 450D digital SLR Review
- Page 3 Canon EOS 450D digital SLR Review
- Page 4 Canon EOS 450D digital SLR Review
- Page 5 Features table Review
- Page 6 Test Shots – ISO Performance Review
- Page 7 Test Shots – Detail and Lens Performance Review
- Page 8 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
”A range of test shots are shown over the next few pages. Here, the full size image has been reduced for bandwidth purposes, and a crop taken from the original full resolution image has been placed below it in order for you to gain an appreciation of the overall quality. The following pages consist of resized images so that you can evaluate the overall exposure. For those with a dial-up connection, please be patient while the pages download.”
Here’s my usual DSLR test shot of Sidmouth sea-front for direct comparison with other cameras.
As you can see, the EOS 450D’s image quality is extremely good. In fact I don’t think Sidmouth has ever looked better.
Seriously though, while the EOS 450D’s sensor and image processor capture plenty of colour and contrast they are let down by the less-than-stellar sharpness of the kit lens.
This shot was taken at 400 ISO, using the shortest zoom setting on the kit 18-55mm lens and an aperture of f/11.
This is a full-res crop from the top right corner of the previous image. There are no noise problems, but the lens has produced some chromatic aberration.
The wide focusing area is great for off-centre subjects.