- Page 1 Canon EOS 400D Review
- Page 2 Canon EOS 400D Review
- Page 3 Canon EOS 400D Review
- Page 4 Canon EOS 400D Review
- Page 5 Feature table Review
- Page 6 Test shots – Full res crops Review
- Page 7 Test shots – Full res crops Review
- Page 8 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
- Page 9 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
”A range of test shots are shown over the next few pages. Here, the full size image has been reduced for bandwidth purposes, and a crop taken from the original full resolution image has been placed below it in order for you to gain an appreciation of the overall quality.”
I’ve taken this same shot under virtually identical lighting conditions with a range of 10MP DSLRs, so you can get an accurate picture of how they compare.
The 18-55mm kit lens supplied with the 400D isn’t up to the usual high standard one associates with Canon optics, with noticeable barrel distortion at wide angle. It’s be a better idea to buy the camera body-only and splash out on a decent lens.
The lens has relatively poor edge sharpness, and surprisingly this shot shows a significant level of purple fringing.
Unlike other sites, we thoroughly test every product we review. We use industry standard tests in order to compare features properly. We’ll always tell you what we find. We never, ever accept money to review a product. Tell us what you think - send your emails to the Editor.