- Page 1 Canon EOS 400D Review
- Page 2 Canon EOS 400D Review
- Page 3 Canon EOS 400D Review
- Page 4 Canon EOS 400D Review
- Page 5 Feature table Review
- Page 6 Test shots – Full res crops Review
- Page 7 Test shots – Full res crops Review
- Page 8 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
- Page 9 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation Review
”A range of test shots are shown over the next few pages. Here, the full size image has been reduced for bandwidth purposes, and a crop taken from the original full resolution image has been placed below it in order for you to gain an appreciation of the overall quality.”
1/30th sec, F5.6, ISO 100
At 100 ISO the picture is clean, well detailed and noise free, everything we’ve come to expect from a Canon DSLR.
1/60th sec, F5.6, ISO 200
At 200 ISO the picture is virtually identical to the previous one, with no visible noise.
1/80th sec, F7.1, ISO 400
At 400 ISO there is slightly less contrast, but the image is still free of noise.
1/125th sec, F8.0, ISO 800
At 800 ISO there is some colour speckling visible in the darker areas of the frame, but on the whole image quality is still very good.
1/160th sec, F10.0, ISO 1600
At the maximum 1600 ISO there is some visible image noise over dark and mid-tone areas, but the image quality is still good enough to print.
Unlike other sites, we thoroughly test every product we review. We use industry standard tests in order to compare features properly. We’ll always tell you what we find. We never, ever accept money to review a product. Tell us what you think - send your emails to the Editor.