- Page 1 Canon Digital IXUS 970 IS
- Page 2 Canon Digital IXUS 970 IS
- Page 3 Canon Digital IXUS 970 IS
- Page 4 Features table
- Page 5 Test shots – ISO performance
- Page 6 Test shots – Detail and lens perfomance
- Page 7 Test shots – Exposure evaluation
”A range of general test shots are shown over the next two pages. In some cases, the full size image has been reduced for bandwidth purposes, and a crop taken from the original full resolution image has been placed below it to show the overall image quality. Some other pictures may be clicked to view the original full-size image.”
Here’s the usual detail test shot of the West Window of Exeter Cathedral, for you to compare with other cameras. See below for a full res crop, or click to see the whole picture.
The level of detail is very good, but not really any better than any other 10MP camera.
The lens does produce some barrel distortion at wide angle.
Centre sharpness is excellent.
Corner sharpness is a little lower, with slight chromatic aberration.
The same building at the telephoto setting. There is a tiny amount of pincushion distortion.