- Page 1 Apple MacBook Pro 13in – 2009 Edition (MB990B/A) Review
- Page 2 Apple MacBook Pro 13in Review
- Page 3 Apple MacBook Pro 13in Review
- Page 4 Apple MacBook Pro 13in Review
- Page 5 Feature Table Review
- Page 6 Performance Results Review
While the upgraded CPU doesn’t have a massive effect on the overall X-Bench score, the CPU, Thread and User Interface tests demonstrate the extra processing overhead, being 11 per cent, 14 per cent and 15 per cent faster respectively. Only in the Disk test is the 2008 MacBook faster, while the current White MacBook and last year’s unibody MacBook are evenly matched.
In our Handbrake video encoding test the new MacBook Pro is comfortably faster than the current White MacBook, which uses a 2.13GHz Core 2 Duo CPU.
In this high intensity DVD playback battery test the new MacBook Pro lasts just under 40 minutes longer than the White MacBook.
Score in detail
Unlike other sites, we thoroughly test every product we review. We use industry standard tests in order to compare features properly. We’ll always tell you what we find. We never, ever accept money to review a product. Tell us what you think - send your emails to the Editor.