- Page 1 AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Review
- Page 2 Test Setup Review
- Page 3 AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Review
- Page 4 Gaming Review
- Page 5 Video Encoding Review
- Page 6 3D Rendering Review
- Page 7 Image Editing and File Compression Review
- Page 8 MP3 Encoding Review
- Page 9 Power Consumption Review
While many people will associate 3D performance with a graphics card, for CAD applications a lot of the grunt work is still performed on CPUs so this is something we’ve put to the test. We use two industry standard tests, called POV-Ray and Cinebench. Both programs can be freely downloaded and the benchmark begins with just a single click so they’re a really easy comparison tool if you fancy seeing how your system shapes up.
Cinebench has both a single-threaded and multi-threaded test while POV-Ray is just multi-threaded. Slightly disappointingly, Cinebench only returns a score, rather than a time to completion, so the numbers in isolation don’t really mean anything. However, when compared they adequately show up any difference in performance.