A recent update to the YouTube app on the Xbox One console has been causing some annoying behaviour for users who are finding themselves being constantly signed out of their account.
That’s pretty annoying. Being signed into your account is essential if you want to see video recommendations tailored to your interests rather than the population at large.
Related: Xbox One vs PS4
The rest of you might be happy with your endless X Factor recaps, but I’m more concerned with endless PC hardware reviews thank you very much.
Thankfully, a fix (via OnMSFT) has been found for the issue, which is apparently logging people out as much as once every half an hour. It’s actually a pretty simple process that involves uninstalling and then reinstalling the app to kick it into gear, but here are some step-by-step instructions if you need the specifics of how to do it:
How to fix YouTube on Xbox One
- Navigate to the YouTube app icon on your Xbox One dashboard and hit the ‘hamburger’ menu button on your controller to bring up the options menu
- Select ‘Manage app’
- Select ‘Uninstall all’, and select it a second time to confirm that you definitely want to do it
- You can probably see where this is going; you’re now going to have to to reinstall the app by going to the store, and searching directly for the YouTube app
- Select the app and reinstall it
- Now you should find that you’re already logged in, but if you’re not then just log in once and you should find that you’re not constantly getting signed out
How do you like to watch YouTube on the big screen? Do you have the app built into your TV, or do you use a streaming box? Get in touch with us @TrustedReviews.