An Xbox One Wireless Controller firmware update is now available for Preview programme members.
Microsoft is rolling out a firmware update for anyone in the Xbox One Preview programme today.
The latest firmware build for the Xbox One Wireless Controller – OS version > 1502.150120 – adds Quick Connect functionality and a bunch of other smaller fixes.
Quick Connect shortens the time it takes for your Wireless Controller to connect to your Xbox One. Currently, the connection time is around 4 – 5 seconds, but with Quick Connect you’re looking at a connection speed or around 2 seconds when powering on.
The other fixes include stability improvements and other tweaks to improve issues brought up by Preview members.
You can update your controller, if you’re a Preview member, by following the steps below:
- Connect your controller to your Xbox One via USB cable. Keep any headsets you have connected to your controller too.
- Connect to Xbox Live
- Press the Menu button
- Go to Settings > Devices & Accessories. Select the controller.
- If you have multiple controllers connected you can use Buzz to make the selected controller vibrate
- Select Update to download the new firmware to the controller attached via USB. Your screen will say it is in the process of updating your controller.
- When you see the Controller Update finished screen, press B to head back to the Devices & Accessories page.
- Reselect your controller and you’ll be able to see the Firemware version is now 1.2.2236.0
Related: Upcoming Xbox One Games 2015
The February Xbox One update was also detailed earlier this month. The update will focus on Game hubs and TV service updates and is available now for Preview members.