PGA Championship 2017 Live Stream: Watch online for free
The PGA Championship is often known as ‘Glory’s Last Shot’, and as golf’s final major tournament gets underway, our guide reveals all you need to know to watch the action from Quail Hollow, North Carolina as Rory McIlroy, Jordan Spieth, and Rickie Fowler vie for a parting taste of glory. Live streaming the PGA Championship 2017 doesn’t get any more simple than this!
In a slightly unusual twist, the BBC has pipped Sky to the UK TV rights for the 2017 PGA Championship, which (sadly) means your live streaming options are more limited than usual.
The British terrestrial TV mainstay will be showing the PGA via a combination of live coverage on BBC Two, and its BBC Red Button service.
Online action, it follows, will come to us through the BBC Sport website and the BBC iPlayer app.
Here’s the full breakdown of the Beeb’s PGA Championship 2017 live stream coverage. All times are in BST.
- PGA Championship 2017 Round 1 (August 10): 6pm-12.15am on Red Button, iPlayer, and BBC Sport website
- PGA Championship 2017 Round 2 (August 11): 6pm-12.15am on Red Button, iPlayer, and BBC Sport website
- PGA Championship 2017 Round 3 (August 12): 7pm-12.15am on Red Button, iPlayer, and BBC Sport website
- PGA Championship 2017 Final Round (August 13): 7pm-12.15am on Red Button, iPlayer, and BBC Sport website
TV coverage is more limited still but, here’s the thing, as it’s the BBC, it’s all free and legal! Note that all finish times are subject to change, and the PGA Championship 2017 may air for longer, depending on the state of the competition.
- PGA Championship 2017 Round 1 (August 10): 11.15pm-12.15am on BBC Two
- PGA Championship 2017 Round 2 (August 11): 11.05pm-12.15am on BBC Two
- PGA Championship 2017 Round 3 (August 12): 10.30pm-12.15am on BBC Two
- PGA Championship 2017 Final Round (August 13): 10.30pm-12.15am on BBC Two
So, it kind of sucks compared to Sky’s coverage of the British Open golf, right?
Yes and no.
Unlike when Sky owns the right, the BBC’s (limited) coverage of the PGA Championship is available to all UK TV license holders for free – with Sky, you could get ‘free’ streaming access via Sky Go, but only if you were already a Sky Sports subscriber.
With the Beeb, it’s all about downloading the iPlayer app for Android or iOS and tuning in at the appropriate time.
Related: Mayweather vs McGregor
Here are the quick links you need to get going.
Use one of our picks for best VPNs? If you have the right workaround in place, you can also live stream ‘Featured Groups’ for the PGA Championship 2017 via the PGA’s official website here, though your mileage may vary if you’re in the UK, depending on your setup.
Related: Best golf accessories
That’s all there is to it – enjoy the golf this weekend!