However, the team of product experts felt the Galaxy S21 Ultra deserved the win with it wowing us during testing. Deputy and Mobile Editor Max Parker deemed it the best Samsung flagship in years in his in depth review, where he concluded:
“The Galaxy S21 Ultra is an expensive phone and it’s at this price because it’s packed with top-drawer components – fast performance, large amounts of RAM and storage, high-quality display and lots of camera sensors.
“Samsung took out some features from the S21 and S21 Plus, so if you want things like a WQHD+ display, more than 8GB RAM and lots of storage then you’re going to have to choose the Ultra.”
The Trusted Reviews Awards are a yearly event where we highlight the best gadgets to pass through our labs over the last 12 months. They would normally be a physical ceremony, but due to the pandemic we have chosen to run them as a digital event for the second year running.
The Editor’s Choice Awards are a portion decided by the team of product experts at Trusted Reviews. Each decision is based on our experience reviewing the device, which includes real world use.
Make sure to check back with Trusted Reviews throughout the week as we’ll be revealing a new category of winners each every day using the below schedule!
- 11 October 2021: Mobile, tablets, wearables and cameras Editor’s Choice winners revealed.
- 12 October 2021: TV and audio Editor’s Choice winners revealed.
- 13 October 2021: Homes Editor’s Choice winners revealed.
- 14 October 2021: Computing and gaming Editor’s Choice winners revealed.
- 15 October 2021: We reveal this year’s Readers Choice Award winners.