Game developer Respawn Entertainment has confirmed a sequel to the 2014 hit Titanfall is in development.
Speaking to IGN ahead of the video game BAFTA’s on Thursday, Respawn CEO Vince Zampella says the as-yet-unnamed game will be launched on multiple platforms.
The first title was a Microsoft exclusive, but, as teased by EA in recent months, PlayStation gamers will also get in on the action this time around.
Zampella said: ”I guess EA announced a sequel, so I could play coy and pretend I don’t know anything about it, or… yeah.
The founder did not confirm whether the new game would offer a single-player version, with the multi-player only gameplay heavily critiqued first time around.
He added: “I wouldn’t have done it differently. We set out to do it and it was one of our goals. I mean it obviously prohibits a certain group of people playing the game, and as content creators you want to get into as many peoples’s hands as possible. We put some single-player elements in there though, and tried to mix it up. Maybe we could have mixed things up a bit better because some people blew right by it and didn’t even see it because there was so much action happening around it.
“It’s tough, because if you hit people over the head with it it becomes intrusive, and there are people who don’t want or care about it. Where does the needle fall? I think it takes a while to figure that out and we haven’t figured it out yet.”
The game’s DLC maps are likely to remain free too. Earlier this week the Titanfall Season Pass became available free of charge on the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One to celebrate the game’s first anniversary.
Zampella hinted that offering the free DLC is a great way to keep the community united.