Nintendo NX rumoured to have its own unique sharing function
Plenty of potential details regarding Nintendo’s upcoming NX platform have surfaced, revealing info on touch screens, hard drive capacity and more.
Multiples sources have recently contacted industry insider Emily Rogers and Laura Kate Dale of LetsPlayVideoGames with detailed information on a NX prototype.
The majority of details provided to Dale and Rogers can be found below, many of which may be changed in the final design.
- In May, I said Nvidia was involved with the system. (Source)
- The screen is around 6 inches (6.2 to be specific)
- The portable screen has a 720p resolution.
- Multi-touch touchscreen (Haven’t heard anything about a stylus.)
- 32 GB of internal storage is on the NX dev kit.
- There is an SD Card port.
- Dock Station has at least 2 USB ports on prototype. Not sure about final product.
- NX will support Unreal Engine 4 and Unity engine
- NX is below Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in raw power.
- Dev kits and prototypes are region free. I heard retail units might be region free too.
- Nintendo still plans to support the 3DS with software through 2018.
Related: PS4 Slim – Everything we know
Both Dale and Rogers also received information from sources relating to a mysterious share button, which may work in a similar manner to the features found on PS4.
Such a feature wouldn’t be surprising, as Nintendo would be wise to implement features that make good use of social networks.
The idea that NX will not match the PS4 and Xbox One is terms of sheer power is somewhat worrying, especially since the Nintendo Wii and Wii U were also far behind in their respective generations.
However, Nintendo has seldom been focused on power, instead prioritising unique gameplay experiences and innovation over sparkly particle effects and draw distances.
We’ll be sure to hear more about the NX in the near future, but for now, let us know your thoughts in the comments below.