A slew of Xbox features are coming to the Windows 10 Preview later this month.
Anyone currently using the Windows 10 preview can expect a few key new Xbox features to be added in the next version.
As outlined on the Major Nelson blog, the main Xbox on Windows 10 feature arriving this month is the “My Games” section. This lists all installed games from the Windows Store in one place.
The preview will also add enhanced game hubs that allow you to initiate an Xbox One game streaming session from its game hub page.
The Xbox on Windows 10 hub will also gain a beefed up version of the activity feed that lets you share gameplay clips and screenshots with your friends.
PC users will also be able to take a snapshot of their avatar with the “Take a Photo” functionality.
All the new features are as follows:
- My Games – As you install games from the Windows Store, they’ll appear in you’re My Games list. You can also manually add games to your collection by going to My games > Add a game from your PC. There’s also a new Featured Games section on the home screen, just below your Recently Played list.
- Game Hubs – You can now launch a local PC game from its game hub, view details about the game in the Windows Store, and find and follow People to Watch for any game. For the Xbox One games, you can also choose Play from Console to intitate a game streaming session from a game hub page.
- Share with your Friends – You can now share your achievements to your Activity Feed and Showcase on PC just like you can with Xbox One. You can also share Xbox One game clips and screenshots listed under Game DVR > Shared to your Activity Feed and Showcase.
- Xbox Avatars – We renamed the Avatars app on Windows 10 to Xbox Avatars and the layout and iconography have been updated to final designs. There’s a new Take a Photo feature that lets you pose your Avatar and take a photo too.
- Xbox Account – In the latest Windows 10 preview, you can sign into Xbox on Windows 10 with any account, and create a new Xbox account if you haven’t already got one.