NEC's 3520a DVD re-writer not only offers 8x DVD+RW and 6x DVD-RW, but is also the first drive to promise 4x DVD-DL burning.
NEC has today announced the launch of the ND3520A, its second generation of 16xX DVD re-writer. The drive improves on the RW speeds of the ND3500A and supports minus dual layer recording as well as plus.
The new drive also enables one hour of DVD Video to be recorded in just six minutes, and enables users to store up to 8.5 GB onto one DVD (or 700MB onto a CD).
As well as 16-speed burning for both DVD minus and plus formats, the new drive offers RW speeds of 8x for plus and 6x for minus.
Plextor’s PX-716A was the first drive to reach 8x for DVD+RW but the NEC ND3520A goes further with 6x for DVD-RW. The spec list also confirms support for 4x DVD-R DL (Dual Layer). Previously only available for DVD+R DL discs, once released DVD-R DL will be supported natively by the drive, with early units upgradeable via a firmware flash.
The ND3520A will be available in beige, black and silver. A retail pack will also be on sale from January. This will include the following software.
”’Nero Express 6”’
– writer software to private data and music compilations.
”’NeroVision Express 2”’
– integrated Video and Photo capturing, editing, authoring and burning application to create DVDs, SVCDs and VCDs supported by powerful storyboard and timeline editing.
”’Nero Recode 2”’
– shrink double layer DVDs to standard DVD media by transcoding non-copy protected DVD-Video titles. Keeps the original menu. The user can select desired video titles, audio tracks, and subtitles. With Fit-to-disc option. Transcoding to MPEG4 video stream supported as well.
– High quality DVD, MPEG4 and VCD playback application
– full featured backup application which supports full, incremental, update and differential backups with job scheduler for automatic backups.
”’Nero Cover Designer, Nero InfoTool, Nero CD-DVD Speed”’