Massive leak tips Google’s LG Nexus 5, Huawei Nexus 6 specs
Two new Nexus devices have been rumoured to be in the works for a while, but the specs have remained a mystery, until now.
Specs for both the LG Nexus 5 and the Huawei Nexus 6 – neither of which have been officially confirmed – have been leaked.
A report by GizmoChina purports to have obtained information about the much-rumoured handsets ahead of their expected autumn launch.
The Nexus 5 leak is fairly expansive, so here’s the full run-down of claimed specs:
- 5.2-inch display
- Full HD 1080p screen resolution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 620 (MSM8976) processor
- 4GB LPDDR3-1866 RAM
- Up to 64GB eMMC 5.1 built-in storage
- 3,180mAh battery (non-removable)
- 13-megapixel camera (IMX278 RGBW sensor, 6-element f/1.8 aperture lens, OIS, laser autofocus, dual-tone LED flash)
- 4-megapixel camera (OV4682 RGB-IR sensor, Iris Detection)
- USB-C connector (with QuickCharge 2.0)
- MediaTek MT3188 wireless charging receiver
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC
It’s also tipped that the device will feature an aluminium frame with chamfered edges and matte plastic rear casing.
Pricing is revealed to be around $300 to $400 – that’s around £190 to £255 under a direct currency conversion.
Related: Best Android Smartphones 2015
There are less details about the rumoured Huawei Nexus 6 device, but it’s tipped to feature a 5.7-inch WQHD AMOLED display, a “metal unibody” design, a 21-megapixel IMX230 sensor camera, and wireless charging.
If you’re looking for a more tangible device, check out our smartphone group test video below: