Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment announced today that it has obtained publishing rights for the stealth series starting with the Definitive Edition launch on May 18.
Previously published by Square Enix, the publisher parted ways with IO Interactive in 2017 causing the developer to go independent.
“We’re super excited to be working with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment on HITMAN™and together releasing the HITMAN™: Definitive Edition to new players,” said Hakan Abrak, CEO of IO Interactive. “Working with a partner like WBIE means that the team at IOI can stay focused on what we’re good at, making games.”
Related: Best PC Games
Hitman’s upcoming Definitive Edition will include all episodes released as part of the first season alongside a bunch of extra content:
- IO Interactive’s 20th Anniversary Outfit Bundle – Three new outfits inspired by Freedom Fighters, Kane & Lynch and Mini Ninjas
- HITMAN™ Season One (Main Game) – Seven exotic locations from the first season, including Paris, Sapienza, Marrakesh, Bangkok, Colorado and Hokkaido, along with the ICA Facility
- HITMAN™ Game of the Year Edition Content – Four missions from the Patient Zero Campaign, three themed Escalation Contracts that unlock three unique weapons, as well as the Clown Suit, Cowboy Suit and Raven Suit from the recent Game of the Year digital release
- HITMAN™ Summer Bonus Episode – Featuring ICA bonus missions in Sapienza and Marrakesh
- HITMAN™: Blood Money Requiem Pack – Including the Requiem Suit, Pale Duck Explosive and ICA Chrome Pistol
- All featured Contracts, Escalation Contracts, Challenge Packs and game updates from HITMAN™ Season One and the HITMAN™ Game of the Year Edition
There’s plenty of goodies on offer here. If you’re a new player, there’s more than enough to tide you over until the inevitable release of season two.
Will you be picking up Hitman: Definitive Edition? Let us know on Facebook and Twitter @trustedreviews.