Tonight, Nintendo held a 40-minute Direct Presentation which saw an abundance of exciting new games, announcements and other upcoming goodies unveiled.
Some of the games featured were ones we knew about before, while others were shown off to the general public for the very first time. Either way, there’s plenty of brilliant things to uncover.
One of the major announcements was Blizzard Entertainment’s Overwatch finally being confirmed for Nintendo Switch, and it’s coming to the platform next month complete with gyro controls, so not long to wait at all.
We also received some detailed updates on both Luigi’s Mansion 3 and Pokemon Sword and Shield, both of which are due to launch before the end of the year. Chances are, they’ll be tonnes of fun and sell like absolute hotcakes.
Related: Upcoming Nintendo Switch Games
Nintendo Direct – Catch up on all the big news and announcements below
Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury is confirmed for Super Smash Bros Ultimate, and he’s coming this November. The long-awaited Banjo Kazooie fighter is available to play today, so fans can download him right now. More DLC fighters are officially in the works, too.
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is finally receiving a Switch Port, one I’ve personally been waiting years to get the recognition it deserves. Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise, a sequel to the cult classic, was announced alongside the original also being available on Switch right now!
In a rather unexpected reveal, Bethesda made an appearance and announced that Doom 64 of all things is coming to Nintendo Switch to celebrate the game’s anniversary. It’s not especially good, but whatever floats your boat.
SNES titles are coming to the Nintendo Switch Online service on September 6th with a selection of excellent games, and there’s also a classic controller coming for a reasonable price of £26.99. If you’re an active subscriber, all these games, including some stone-cold classics, will be yours to experience for free.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons was featured with an unexpected update, providing a bunch of gorgeous new details on the deserted island you’ll call home, delving into the crafting system, furniture arrangement and the Nookphone – your personal communication device. It looks so, so adorable and we cannot wait to play it in 2020.
The presentation closed with a reveal that genuinely gave us goosebumps – Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition is coming to Nintendo Switch in 2020. It’s a spectacular JRPG, and one we’ll happily replay on Nintendo Switch.
We’ve compiled all of the major announcements below, making it easier to pick out whatever you’re excited for:
All the Nintendo Direct announcements you need to know
- Overwatch is officially coming to Switch on October 15
- Trials of Mana Remake in the works and launching in 2020
- Return of Obra Dinn is coming to Switch in Fall 2019
- Super Kirby Clash launching later today
- Little Town Hero from Game Freak arriving this October
- Banjo Kazooie comes to Smash Bros Ultimate today
- Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury confirmed from Smash Bros Ultimate
- Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise revealed
- DOOM 64 is receiving an unexpected port on Switch
- Pokemon Sword and Shield new features and mechanics unveiled
- SNES Games coming to Nintendo Switch Online service
- Jedi Knight 2, Dauntless and others receive surprise ports
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons gets adorable gameplay details
- Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition coming in 2020
We’ll have more dedicated coverage on many of the titles announced tonight in the coming days, weeks and months. So, be sure to keep an eye on Trusted Reviews for all the latest gaming goodness!