A new firmware update is now available for Nintendo Switch, adding a number of tweaks and improvements to the hybrid console.
You can download the new update by booting up your system, which should result in you receiving a prompt to apply the new changes.
Unlike previous firmware updates, this one appears to add a number of worthwhile features that we’re quite eager to try out.
For example, you can now add friends from your Wii U and 3DS list of contacts, so long as your Switch account is linked to the same Nintendo Network ID.
Additional profile images have also been introduced to celebrate the upcoming launch of Splatoon 2.
Related: ARMs Review
You can find the full list of features coming in update 3.0 below:
- Register a channel to receive News for specific games
- Add friends from your Nintendo 3DS and Wii U Friend Lists
- Receive notifications when your Friends go online
- Find paired controllers within communication range by activating the vibration feature
- Change the user icon order on the Home Menu
- Select from 6 new Splatoon 2 characters for user icon
- Change the system volume from the Quick Settings
- Lower the maximum volume for headphone or speakers connected to the audio jack
- Change display colors to Invert Colors or Grayscale
- Connect a USB keyboard to the dock to type whenever the keyboard is on the screen
- Update connected controllers
- Added a feature that suggests deletion of software data if there is insufficient space when downloading other software
Related: Super Mario Odyssey Preview
Do you have a Nintendo Switch? Let us know in the comments below