Half Life just received its first update in almost 20 years
Valve’s legendary shooter has a new patch almost 20 years after its original November 1998 launch.
As expected, the emergence of a sudden update has fans across the internet speculating about the potential of Half Life 3.
We can hardly blame them, as rolling out a sudden update for such an archaic yet historic title isn’t something we see that often.
Related: Final Fantasy 12 – Zodiac Age Review
The update itself is relatively minor, addressing a few bug fixes and annoyances pointed out by the Half Life community.
You can find the full list of patch notes in all their underwhelming glory below:
- Fixed crash when entering certain malformed strings into the game console.
- Fixed crash when loading a specially crafted malformed BSP file.
- Fixed malformed SAV files allowing arbitrary files to be written into the game folder.
- Fixed a crash when quickly changing weapons that are consumable.
- Fixed crash when setting custom decals.
Related: Xbox One X vs PS4 Pro
Do you think we’ll ever see another Half Life? Let us know in the comments below.