Fallout 4’s beta update 1.2.33 is now available to download on Steam for those who opt in, Bethesda has announced.
As many would expect from a Bethesda title, updates are already rolling out to fix some of the silly bugs and glitches found in Fallout 4.
Update 1.2.33 is purely optional, and can be selected from within the Steam client if you wish to try out the new version.
Some of the update’s new features include:
- Number pad keys can now be used for remapping
- Remapping Activate now works on Quick Container
The update also contains a number of in-game fixes for certain issues:
- General memory and stability improvements
- Fixed issue where equipped weapons become locked after completing Reunions
- Fixed issue with When Freedom Calls where the quest would not complete
- During Confidence Man, fixed issue where player’s health would continuously regenerate
- Fixed crash related to jumping into water and reloading saved games
- Fixed issue where Launcher would not save God Rays Quality setting properly
Related: PS4 vs Xbox One
To opt in on steam, you need to do the following: right click on Fallout 4 in your library, select settings and finally select “Beta Update” to download the new version.
After a few short moments the game should update and appear as “Fallout 4 Beta” in your Steam library.
It is quick and easy to return the old version too, just follow the previous steps and select “None” instead of “Beta Update.”
Fallout 4 launched on November 10 for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
The long anticipated title managed to ship over 12 million copies on day one, making over $750 million in its first 24 hours.
We described Fallout 4 as “rich, strange and beautiful” in our review.