Fallout 4 survival mode coming to PS4 and Xbox One next week
After leaving beta on PC, the anticipated update is hitting consoles next week, Bethesda has announced.
While no specific date was confirmed, the update will roll out on both PS4 and Xbox One sometime next week.
It will introduce an overhauled survival mode and support for the upcoming Far Harbor expansion, which is set to launch later next month.
Related: Fallout 4 Tips and Tricks
In other Fallout 4 news, Bethesda will introduce mod support for consoles later this year.
Xbox One owners will receive the new feature in May, with PS4 to follow in June. Players will be able to seamlessly download user-created content and add it to their game.
You can check out the full patch notes for Fallout 4’s 1.5 update below:
- New Survival difficulty
- Survival adds additional challenges including no fast travel, saving only when you sleep, increased lethality, diseases, fatigue, danger and more. See the in-game Help menu for more details.
- Characters set to Survival difficulty appear under their own Character Selection filter
- Third-person camera movement improvements when player is close up against walls and other objects
- General stability and performance improvements
- Fixed rare crash related to reloading a save that relies on Automatron
- Fixed issue with the robot workbench camera not moving properly immediately after canceling out of the menu
- Fixed issue with perks being repeatedly added when reloading a saved game while in robot workbench
- Fixed issue with Ada not properly traveling to an assigned settlement
- Robots can now be assigned as settlement vendors
- Fixed issue with “Appropriation” where blueprints would not appear properly if the container had already been looted prior to getting the quest
- In “The Nuclear Option,” entering the Institute using the targeting helmet on Power Armor no longer inadvertently causes the player to go into combat, and become stuck in the Institute
- Fixed distance check with Robotics Expert perk
- While in Workshop mode, if the Jump button is remapped, the Y or Triangle button can still be used to jump
- Fixed issue with “Defend the Castle” where speaking to Ronnie Shaw would not properly complete the quest
- During “The Nuclear Option,” fast traveling away from the Institute immediately after inserting the relay targeting sequence holotape will no longer block progression
- Fixed issue where Workshop placed light bulbs would occasionally not light properly
- Fixed occasional flashing issue with entering and exiting Power Armor
- Fixed issue where terminals would not work properly after downloading and initializing an Add-On from the Add-Ons menu