Bungie has confirmed Destiny Expansion 1: The Dark Below will be released on December 9.
The first Destiny expansion pack will be available to download on Tuesday December 9, and will come with a host of new features for the game.
It’s the first expansion to the game since it was released in September. Bungie has confirmed The Dark Below will offer new story missions, co-operative and multiplayer activities.
“Destiny was created as a living universe, which has allowed us to improve the experience post launch in real-time,” said Harold Ryan, President of Bungie. “It also gives us insight into the things players are looking for in new content. We’ve seen from feedback that people want new activities, gear and weapons and of course the immensely popular Raid. The community helps shape our development decisions and that’s really important to us.”
You’ll be able to purchase The Dark Below for £19.99, or you’ll get it free with the Destiny Expansion Pass, which is priced at £34.99. The Expansion Pass gets your Expansion 1 and Expansion 2 on all four platforms – PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One and Xbox 360.
The Dark Below will feature the following:
- New weapons, armour and gear
- Light Level cap raised to 32 and five additional Bounty slots
- New story quests and missions – “After years hiding among the Hive shadows, a new character. Eris, has come forth bearing an ominous warning: The Hive seek to summon a god, Crota, to destroy the Earth. Find Eris in the Tower to take on special quests that include three new missions where you will increase your Light and earn new rewards”.
- New co-operative Strike, called The Will of Crota, which makes Fire Teams face Omnigul as she works to expand the Hive army at Crota’s command.
- Three new competitive multiplayer arenas: Pantheon, Skyshock and The Cauldron
- New six-player Raid called Crota’s End
- PS4 and PS3 gamers will also have access to another co-operative Strike called the Undying Mind and an exotic weapon
Read more: Destiny tips and tricks