Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is getting some big changes following the multiplayer beta
Infinity Ward has revealed all the changes and tweaks coming to Infinite Warfare before launch on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare will receive some serious rebalancing before launching on November 4, with many changes coming to snipers, shotguns and game modes.
Infinity Ward community manager ashtonisVULCAN shared details of the new adjustments on Reddit, noting that the developer is working on matchmaking changes and dedicated servers for all platforms.
In addition, Infinity Ward has said that ‘time to kill’ during the multiplayer beta was badly received amongst fans. With any luck the changes made to matchmaking and weapon balance will rectify, or at least, improve this problem.
Related: RIGS Review
We’ve listed all the changes coming to Infinite Warfare below. These will be present in the full release when it launches on November 4.
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare weapon balance changes
- Increased the consistency of shotgun damage.
- Shotgun damage at longer range has been increased.
- Slightly increased the one shot kill range.
- Both the Reaver and Banshee have received a slight bonus to their 1 trigger pull kill range.
- Bullet spread at the hip no longer gets smaller as the player ADS’s. Once the scope reaches the player’s eye, the bullet spread goes instantly to zero.
- Sniper aim assist was reduced slightly for the KBS Longbow and the other bolt action snipers. Our turn rate while Aimed Down Sights is still slowed to help with precision aiming.
- Sniper-class weapons no longer have any Aim Assist until the optic fully reaches the player’s eye.
- For the ELO and Scout optics on snipers, the idle sway while ADS has been increased along with the player’s view bounce when moving. Because these optics are less zoomed in, the view bounce and the sway are felt less. These changes are to promote more stationary aiming and firing with these optics.
- The Tracking Chip optic’s visuals have been improved.
- Reduced bonus of the Quickdraw attachment on snipers.
- Updated snipers to have more flinch when getting shot.
- The Howitzer Grenade launcher can now be fired from the hip instead of requiring full ADS
- The RPR Evo epic variant (Ripper) has had a tuning pass to increase recoil given its bonus fire rate
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare mode changes
- When carrying the Drone, the score-per-second bonus has been bumped from 5 score per second to 10 score per second. Scorestreak carrier bonus is unaffected.
- Now features all classic weapons. In future updates, weapons with alternate functions will retain their state upon spawn.
- When you step off a flag, the current capture bar progress starts to decay. The rate of this decay has been halved from the Beta. This allows players to hop off a flag to defend it and then get back on the flag with less progress loss
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare general changes
Perks and rigs:
- Marksman – We fixed a bug where, in addition to reducing flinch, it was also reducing recoil. This would then stack with Gun Perks and the Foregrip Attachment. This bonus reduction has been removed.
- Momentum – Fixed issues with speed not being retained
- Marked Target – The temporary red marker on the victim has been toned down
- Health and regen changes
- Health Regen time has been reduced.
- Infusion bonus reduced.
- Continuing to refine spawn system on beta maps, will assess remaining launch maps in live environment.
- Increased salvage gain in mission teams.
- Changed currency value in supply drops.
- Increased drop rate of keys in round-based modes.