The new update for Bloodborne lets you purchase Blood Rocks, items needed to fully upgrade your weapons.
Blood Rocks are the vital items needed to max out individual weapons in PS4 exclusive Bloodborne, and now you can buy them whenever you like.
Previously, Blood Rocks could only be obtained once per playthrough. This made fully upgrading more than one weapon incredibly difficult and time consuming.
Players would need to to struggle through NG+ if they wished to max a second weapon, which isn’t ideal when you consider Bloodborne’s punishing difficulty.
Related: PS4 Review
Blood Rocks can now be purchased for 60 insight from the game’s Insight Shop. This should make it easier for players to upgrade weapons, so long as they’re okay grinding for insight.
However, Blood Rocks will only be available for purchase after you have progressed to a certain point in the game.
You can check out the full list of patch notes below or on the Bloodborne website.
Changes to weapons:
- The strength and stamina cost for several weapons has been adjusted.
Changes to Insight Shop:
- In order to trade for the Blood stone Chunk, the necessary amount of Insight has been changed from 30 to 20.
- Trading for the Blood Rock is now possible. 60 pieces of Insight are required.
- A certain portion of the main game must been cleared in order to access the above.
- Several other fixes and adjustments have been made.
Now if you’ll excuse us, we’re still trying to beat Ludwig, unlike this guy, who defeated him using only his fists.