Beyond: Two Souls Remastered coming next week
Quantic Dreams has announced that Beyond: Two Souls Remastered is coming next week to PS4.
In a surprise post on the PlayStation Blog, Quantic Dream COO Guillaume de Fondaumiere explained that the remastered versions of Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls are inbound.
Beyond: Two Souls Remastered (although it’s simply called Beyond: Two Souls) will arrive digitally on the PlayStation Store on Thursday, November 26.
“We’re looking forward to giving players another chance to experience the store of Jodie Holmes (played – excellently – by Ellen Page), a young woman who possess supernatural powers through her psychic link to an invisible entity, and whose life intertwines with the complex Dr. Dawkins (brought to life by the inimitable Willem Dafoe) on PS4,” explained de Fondaumiere.
The PS4 version of Beyond: Two Souls will feature the following improvements, as explained on teh blog:
- Enhanced 1080p graphics including motion blur, bloom and depth of field effects, as well as improved lighting and shadows. The game also makes use of the DualShock 4 speaker to improve immersion when playing as the Entity
- Decisions are highlighted at the end of each scene and compared with those made by other players
- Once you have completed Beyond: Two Souls, you will be able to replay the game in chronological order – a much requested feature in the PS3 version
- Increased difficulty in a number of fight scenes, combined with improved controls for action sequences
- Includes the “Enhanced Experiments” DLC in the base game
Related: Best PS4 Games 2015
Beyond: Two Souls will retail for £24.99 digitally.
But there’s a physical retailer edition of the game coming in the form of the Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls Collection, which will arrive on March 4 in the UK (March 2 in the US).
Anyone who digitally purchases Beyond: Two Souls for PS4 will be offered a discount on Heavy Rain for PS4 when it arrives in March.
Quantic Dream is doing this to make sure you “don’t pay more for the two games separately than you would for the Collection”.
Pricing on the Collection is due to be announced at a later date.