The iTunes store is chock with apps and content, but not all downloadables are born equal.
Apple has revealed iTunes’ biggest hits in 2015 in “celebration of creators, storytellers and the incredible content they deliver to our customers around the world”.
The company has ranked content available on the store in a range of categories, outing what Apple users loved most throughout the year.
Check it out:
Best of 2015 Apps & Games
- Best-selling iPhone app – Heads Up!
- Best-selling iPad app – Minecraft: Pocket Edition
- Top free iPhone app – WhatsApp
- Top free iPad app – Crossy Road
- Top grossing iPhone/iPad app – Clash of Clans
- Editor’s pick: iPhone App of the Year – Enlight
- Editor’s pick: iPhone Game of the Year – Lara Croft GO
- Editor’s pick: iPad App of the Year – Airbnb
- Editor’s pick: iPad Game of the Year – Prune
Best of 2015 Music
- Best-selling album – ‘25’ by Adele
- Best-selling song – ‘Uptown Funk’ by Mark Ronson
- Editor’s pick: Artist of the Year – Florence + The Machine
- Editor’s pick: Album of the Year – ‘Caustic Love’ by Tame Impala
- Editor’s pick: Song of the Year – ‘King’ by Years & Years
- Editor’s pick: Best new Artist/Band – Wolf Alice
Best of 2015 Film, TV and Books
- Best-selling movie – Kingsman: The Secret Service
- Best-selling TV show – Game of Thrones
- Best-selling fiction – ‘Grey’ by EL James
- Best-selling non-fiction – American Sniper
- Editor’s pick: Best Family Film – Inside Out
- Editor’s pick: Best British Film – Ex-Machina
- Editor’s pick: Best TV Show – Game of Thrones
- Editor’s pick: Best British TV Show – Wolf Hall
- Editor’s pick: Best fiction – ‘A Little Life’ by Hanya Hanagihara
- Editor’s pick: Best non-fiction – ‘Reasons to Stay Alive’ by Matt Haig
Do any of the results surprise you? Let us know in the comments.