Disney Plus offers new users a seven-day free trial, but if you decide you don’t want to subscribe to the streaming service, you need to cancel Disney Plus before your free trial ends. Otherwise you will be charged.
When you sign up for the free trial, you need to hand over your payment details. But money will only leave your account if you decide not to cancel your trial before the seven-day period is up.
In other words, if you’re enjoying Disney Plus and want to stick around for the long term, you don’t need to do a thing − you’ll automatically become a paying member when your free trial ends.
But if you’ve got what you wanted from the free trial, such as the entirety of The Mandalorian season 1, and don’t want to pay to become a fully-fledged Disney Plus subscriber, you need to remember to cancel your free trial before it ends.
Disney will not email you a reminder saying that your free trial is about to come to a close. However, you can cancel it in advance.
That’s to say, you can cancel your free trial at any time during the seven-day trial period − and you’ll be able to continue accessing Disney Plus until the moment your free trial was originally due to end.
For instance, if you signed up to the free trial at 1pm on Monday, you could cancel it at 8pm that very same day, and continue to watch everything on Disney Plus until 12:59pm on the following Monday.
If you signed up for the free trial directly through Disney Plus (not through a third-party service) here’s how to cancel it:
- Log into your account on the Disney Plus website
- Go to Profile > Account > Billing Details
- Select ‘Cancel Subscription’, and ‘Complete Cancellation’ to confirm
Related: Netflix vs Disney Plus
If you signed up for the free trial via a third-party service, the process is slightly different.
If you signed up to the Disney Plus free trial via iTunes, click here for cancellation instructions or do the following:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad
- Tap your name at the top, followed by iTunes & App Store
- Tap your Apple ID, then View Apple ID
- Tap ‘Subscriptions’ and select your Disney Plus subscription
If you signed up for the Disney Plus free trial via Google Play, click here for cancellation instructions or do the following:
- Go to the Google Play website
- On the left, click ‘My Subscriptions’
- Select your Disney Plus subscription and hit Manage
If you signed up for the Disney Plus free trial via Roku, do the following:
- Go to the Roku website
- Click or tap ‘Manage your subscriptions’
- Select your Disney Plus subscription
If you signed up for the Disney Plus free trial via Amazon, do the following:
- Visit Amazon’s app store subscriptions page
- Sign in to your Amazon account
- Find your Disney Plus subscription and select Actions