- Page 1 Best 3DS Games 2017
- Page 2 Kirby Planet Robobot
- Page 3 Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes
- Page 4 Tomodachi Life
- Page 5 Shovel Knight
- Page 6 Retro City Rampage DX
- Page 7 Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Edition
- Page 8 Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
- Page 9 Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
- Page 10 Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
- Page 11 Mario vs Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars
- Page 12 Little Battlers eXperience
- Page 13 Code Name: S.T.E.A.M
- Page 14 Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash
- Page 15 Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call
- Page 16 Pokemon Rumble World
- Page 17 The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D
- Page 18 Skylanders SuperChargers
Last year’s Animal Crossing: New Leaf brought legions of new fans to the 3DS with its charming visuals, endearing characters and incredibly addictive gameplay, and this year Nintendo tried to perform the same trick with Tomodachi Life, a title which is perhaps best described as a modern version of those old Tamagotchi ‘Virtual Pet’ keyrings from the ’90s.
Using the Mii characters you’ve created on your 3DS – and those you’ve encountered via StreetPass – Tomodachi Life creates a miniature soap opera on your console. Characters interact with one another, form friendships, fall out, go for lunch and even get married, all with your help (or, if you’re feeling devilish, hindrance). There’s a seemingly endless selection of cut-scenes and conversations to have, some of which are genuinely bizarre and comical.
Best experienced in short bursts over a prolonged period, Tomodachi Life is quite unlike any other game on the 3DS, and to pass it up is to miss one of the most amusing releases of 2014 on any platform.
Buy Now at Tesco.com from £25 | Amazon.com from $34.99
At time of review Tomodachi Life was available for £39.99.