- Page 1 Best 3DS Games 2017
- Page 2 Kirby Planet Robobot
- Page 3 Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes
- Page 4 Tomodachi Life
- Page 5 Shovel Knight
- Page 6 Retro City Rampage DX
- Page 7 Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Edition
- Page 8 Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
- Page 9 Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
- Page 10 Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
- Page 11 Mario vs Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars
- Page 12 Little Battlers eXperience
- Page 13 Code Name: S.T.E.A.M
- Page 14 Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash
- Page 15 Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call
- Page 16 Pokemon Rumble World
- Page 17 The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D
- Page 18 Skylanders SuperChargers
Originally released on the Wii’s WiiWare download service, Retro City Rampage DX is a top-down action title which keeps its tongue firmly in its cheek, lampooning countless other titles while providing an addictive action experience at the same time. Taking a healthy amount of inspiration from the first two Grand Theft Auto games, this title sees you taking part in a wide range of missions and generally terrorising a crowded city which is intentionally rendered in a retro art style.
Throw in diverting mini-games and segments which replicate the gameplay seen in 8 and 16-bit classics like Contra and Super Mario Bros. and you’ve got one of the most innovative titles on the 3DS eShop. The amusing storyline and surfeit of video game-related in-jokes are the icing on the cake, and there’s also the benefit of knowing you own the definitive version – as the “DX” in the title suggests, this iteration has added content and enhancements.
Given the low price point – Retro City Rampage DX retails for just £7.99 – this is a must-have game for your Nintendo 3DS, even if you’re already purchased and enjoyed the WiiWare original.