Amazon has knocked a tasty £66 off the price of the Ricoh Theta S 360 VR camera for Black Friday 2017, making now the perfect time to get into VR video.
VR headsets are all the rage now, whether that’s simply using a Google Cardboard or something fancier like a Samsung Gear VR or Oculus Rift. But they’re not just about viewing other people’s content. There’s not been a better time to start capturing your own VR video and images using a great range of consumer-ready VR 360-degree cameras. One favourite of ours is the Ricoh Theta S 360.
It’s the third generation of Ricoh’s consumer VR cameras, meaning the company has plenty of time to get it right. No wonder it got 8/10 in our review.
The Theta S 360 has a pair of F/2.0 lenses, meaning it can capture a full 360-degree view of the world around you. It makes for a far more immersive experience and a great companion for a holiday. The Theta S works with a companion app, which you can then pop into a Google Cardboard or other headset to view back your footage in 360-degrees.
You can also upload your footage straight to Facebook, where it’ll be instantly recognised as VR content, so anyone watching back can pan around to really take in the scenes.
Related: Best Black Friday deals
There’s 8GB of internal storage, good enough for about 25 minutes of 1080p video, so no need to faff about buying a separate memory card. Just charge it up and get on shooting.
At £222.99, this is the lowest price Amazon has ever sold the Ricoh Theta S 360, so you’re picking up a genuine bargain.
Other top deals right now:
- Buy Now: HP 15.6″ laptop at Currys for just £349 – save £200
- Buy Now: 55″ LG 4K TV at Currys for just £599 – save £300
- Buy Now: Amazon Echo for just £69.99 – save £20 | Amazon Echo Dot for just £34.99 – save £15
- Buy Now: Dyson V6 Absolute vacuum for just £229.99 – save £250
- Buy Now: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge for just £370 – save £200
- Buy Now: Google Home £79 (down from £129) at Argos | Google Home Mini £34 at Currys – save £15
Seen any other Black Friday bargains? Let us know on Twitter or Facebook.