The Black Friday sale is officially here, but if you’re at a loss over where to start or even which retailers offers the best Black Friday deals, then you’re in the right price.
While its presence in the UK is still relatively new (particularly in comparison to some of the more established sales events), Black Friday has nonetheless skyrocketed to become the busiest shopping day of the year and the optimum time to get your Christmas shopping sorted well in advance of the December break. The problem is, if you’ve yet to engage with Black Friday before then the whole thing can seem overwhelming.
Almost every retailer under the sun gets involved with Black Friday, and that can result in countless competing offers, special considerations to bear in mind such as codes and cashback, and that’s before mentioning Cyber Monday (the tech focused sale that immediately succeeds Black Friday). To help you from feeling lost in the weeds of it all, we’ve compiled all our Black Friday know-how into this very article, giving you a jump start to make the most of this year’s sale.
Black Friday Deals
If you’re already feeling like a Black Friday aficionado and want to get to the best Black Friday deals as quickly as possible, then simply follow that link and you’ll be taken to our page dedicated to compiling the Black Friday sale’s best offers. That page will continue to be updated right up until the end of November, so be sure to keep it bookmarked as the Trusted Reviews team tracks down the biggest discounts on all your most desired tech.
When is Black Friday?
As is the case every year, Black Friday takes place on the day after Thanksgiving. For readers outside the US, that means Black Friday 2021 falls on November 26. Of course, while November 26 is the official date for Black Friday itself, the Black Friday sale can take place well before that date.
Will there be stock shortages?
As anticipated, it seems as though the ongoing chip shortage is having a knock-on effect on what deals are available throughout the Black Friday sale. Major price drops on big ticket items like games consoles, iPhone and more are few and far between, but not impossible to find. To that end, unless you want to give yourself a lasting headache, it’s better to check out our round-up of the best Black Friday deals as opposed to diving into the retailer pool yourself – you can thank us later.
What is Black Friday?
As we know it today, Black Friday is the biggest sales event of the year and has grown into a worldwide phenomenon, but Black Friday started out as a simple term to describe the beginning of the holiday shopping season once the Thanksgivings festivities were out of the way. The origin of the term is still speculated to this day, but one of its earliest uses dates back to the 1960s, referring to the obscene amounts of traffic that occurred once the Christmas shopping frenzy began.
Which retailers are taking part?
In 2021, it’s easier to ask which retailers don’t take part in Black Friday as you could probably count them on one hand. That number gets even smaller when talking specifically about tech retailers, with all the major stores taking part as they try to best the competition with better deals on phones, laptops, TVs and more. For a look at which retailers are involved, just take a look at the list below.
- Amazon: A range of deals onsite
- AO – A range of deals across the site
- Aromatherapy Associates: 25% off home fragrances
- Argos – A range of deals across the site
- ASOS – up to 50% off
- Aspinal – up to 20% off
- Beauty Bay – up to 30% OFF almost everything
- Benefit – 20% off everything
- Boden – 30% OFF with code C4L3
- Boots – deals across the site
- Curry’s PC World – deals across the site
- Dell – up to 50% off
- Disney – A range of deals onsite
- eBay – A range of deals across the site
- Ebuyer – up to 60% off
- Feelunique – up to 25% off
- Fonehouse – price promise refunds the difference
- GAP – 40% off full priced items
- GiffGaff – £50 off select iPhones
- Ghost – up to 50% off end of season sale
- Hamleys – up to 40% off
- John Lewis – a ranges of deals across the site
- Joules – up to 60% off
- Karen Millen – 40% off
- Lakeland – deals across the site
- Liberty – up to 30% off
- Microsoft – A range of deals across the site
- Mobile Phones Direct – up to £150 off
- Ninja – Save up to £70
- Now – 40% off entertainment and cinema package
- OnBuy – A range of deals across the site
- Panasonic – free delivery on deals over £50
- Plusnet – extra 2GB for existing customers
- Shark Clean – Save up to £180
- ShopTo – deals on PS5 and Xbox games
- Simba – 50% off
- Smythson – 40% off
- Three – Unlimited data for £10 for 6 months
- Very – A range of deals across the site
- VOXI – 15GB for £15
- Wayfair – deals live across the site
- Wex Photo Video – 10% off selected lenses
- Zavvi – deals on toys and tech
Editor’s Note: We’ve included links to stores that don’t sit in our traditional coverage areas in a bid to help general shoppers who have landed on this page.
What is Cyber Monday?
Compared to Black Friday, Cyber Monday is more of a recent phenomenon but it’s become a true staple of the November/December shopping experience. As you can probably guess from its name, Cyber Monday was designed as an online-only sale to capitalise on the appetities for online shopping the week after Black Friday. With its online-only slant, Cyber Monday also focuses primarily on tech, which is handy for our readers as it tends to offer some of the year’s best tech deals. Just as with Black Friday, the Trusted Reviews team will be covering all the best Cyber Monday deals as they appear.
Black Friday guides
If there’s something we’ve missed or a Black Friday topic that you’d like to know more about then fear not – our tech experts have written up several additional guides to help you buy the right products this Black Friday:
- How to find a good mobile deal this Black Friday
- How to find iPhone 13 deals on Black Friday
- Buying a home security system this Black Friday? Here’s what we recommend
- How to find a good TV deal this Black Friday
- 6 essential shopping tips to know for Black Friday
- What you need to know about buying a PS5 this Black Friday
- How to find out price history on Amazon this Black Friday
- These are the TVs to look out for this Black Friday
- How to find a good laptop deal this Black Friday
- Should you wait until Black Friday to buy the Samsung Galaxy S21?
- If you buy one thing this Black Friday, it should be a pair of Sony WH-1000XM4
- How to avoid scams online: Protect your new gadgets this Black Friday
- If you want a great Black Friday tablet deal, don’t look for an iPad
Why stick with Trusted Reviews this Black Friday?
For longer than any of us probably care to remember, Trusted Reviews has been at the forefront of the Black Friday sale, bringing you the best offers as they appear, and this year will be no different. Throughout the Black Friday sale and beyond, we will be scouring the internet for the absolute best tech deals so that you can save a serious amount of cash on your next purchase. Think of it as being able to enjoy the Black Friday sale without all the stress of it all (we’ve got that part sorted).
Black Friday questions
If you have any questions about the Black Friday sale or even topics that we may have missed, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll post a response right here on this very page.