1 of 13 pictures
Hover to zoom
Very poor camera, laggy and sound quality for music is low. Not recommendable at this price range dont go for it.
very slow even in txting. i regret i bought it.
then what is better at this range ?
VERY VERY POOOORRRR CAMERAAAA.... NOKIA 2MP CAMERA IS BETTER THAN THIS 5MP CAMERA... I BROUGHT IT YESTERDAY EVENING, AND TODAY EVENING I HAVE DECIDED TO SELL IT... BAKWAS CAMERA QUALITY.. CAMERA QUALITY IS TOO LOOOOWWWW. ALL MY MONEY IS WASTED.. IF U FEEL IT AS 5MP THEN PLS DNT BUY, CONSIDER IT AS 2MP CAM .... I'M VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH THIS PHONE..
I purchased 2 xperia J in Nov-2012, For me & my Bro. Both are giving very poor and Sluggish performance. Lags on every touch & type. Couldn't run even a simple applications. Poor Sound Quality. Even camera is too slow. ... and on and on... there are lists of poor issues in this cell. I had been to sony service center for 4-5 times, but worthless & Waste of time.I recommend not to go for any SONY phones....
I DO NOT recommend this phone to anyone. I'v had this phone for only two months and I am already having WAY to many problems with it. #1, Lag is a huge problem. I can't even play jetpack joyride without it lagging. #2 random screen glitches where it doesn't respond half the time. Have to turn off and on to fix the problem, which continues in the next couple of hours of use. #3 All my contacts have been deleted, several times in the span of two months. Today was the forth time. Etc etc etc. Long story short. I am switching to a Galaxy and never coming back to Sony. I suggest you do the same. STAY AWAY!
This is the crappiest phone ive Ever owned, DO NOT BUY IT, every single application on it crashes frequently. Half the time i cant take pictures with it because either the camera wont work or the pictures wont save. Not to mention the quality of the pictures sucks. the media player is a pain in the ass, i sync it via bluetooth in my car and it is constantly screwing up, deleting playlists that take forever to make because as far as i know you cant do it on the computer. Sometimes it wont read the micro SD card i put in it and i know its the phone because this card has worked great in every other phone ive had. If you need to do anything on the internet it takes forever, even slower if you sync it with wifi. Overall the phone is just slow, and frustrating. I RECOMMEND to anyone looking to buy a phone, not to get this one, and to get either the SAMSUNG GALAXY or an IPHONE.
seven years of trust from sony has been broken and this is because of xperia J
frnds sony has cheated upon us.....i suggest every one to move over to other companies such as nokia or HTC.....i will also as soon as i get in a position to buy a new phone i will switch to some other better company...byeeeeeeeeeeee sony
hi all ,,, ppl complaining about its camera quality just do one thing, their is a blur film on camera remove it ,, ur pics will be really clear and good ... njoy.
I've been trying several new phones in an attempt to find one that will work at my rural fringe signal location. The Samsungs, LG's and Blackberrys would regularly alternate between one bar and no service. I finally tried the Xperia, and was pleasantly surprised to find that it has never lost the signal yet, after two weeks of use at this location. If you're having reception issues, try the Xperia!
For anyone considering buying Xperia J or any smartphone from Sony:This is the worst product I have ever bought in my life. Here is why:
- Touch screen does not respond well to touch, it doesnt recognise the touch accurately. Sometimes it gives you lots of trouble unlocking (when attempting to draw the pattern it does not recognise it). If you get only a tiny drop of water on it, it becomes completely unusable (forget to call or even dont try to unlock it when it rains).
- It is way underpowered. I had to delete all my applications and it is still extremely slow. I am not doing anything wrong with the device, it is just piece of junk. Forget about using internet ! Logging in to any website is a pure nightmare. Screen freezes all the time and it is just unusable for browsing internet.
- If all the "smarphone" features suck so badly, perhaps it is ok as a phone ? Nope, it is not big time ! When you call service which require you to type numbers like banking, topping up the funds etc. you need to move the phone away from your ear and wait till this junk activate the screen back again. This often does not happen and by pressing the screen you may switch the phone off. Furthermore, sometimes the phone cancel the call when you put it next to your ear....its uber frustrating. Then of course you must not forget that the touchscreen is so bad it must have been designed by signle-cell organisms. You won't call anyone if it wont allow you to unlock the screen or will not recognise which number you are trying to dial.
- If you like to listen to music on it and like most of the people now have iTunes library, then you are screwed again. Sure there is an app for Mac called jBridge, but it is very unintuitive and does not let you create and edit your own music libraries well. Forget about making libraries inside phone, moving just few songs into a library takes too much time. Bottom line: you can import mp3 into the phone, but you will not have it well organised. Ah and almost forgot: if you switch on the phone and want to listen to music it gives you some ridiculous volume level for a short while. Sure it is just for a short while,but it is just enough to scare you lots, maybe contribute to hearing loss and above all...it is just so unprofessional for a company that seems to be so proud of its Walkman heritage. I surely expected more in the music department from Sony and once again Apple has gone way ahead of the competition just because these guys know what people want and they are not ignorant about little details like management of sound volume.
-Applications: the ones that come with the phone are just a misunderstanding. Lets take an alarm for example. Setting it is just a nightmare, you have to tap several times until it finally let you set it. It is not so straight forward as what I get used to on my iPod. You have to open an app, then try to tap in the correct area to edit the alarm (tricky) then you have to tap to the time to change it and finally accept by taping on the very tiny area. If you wont tap the ok button,it wont set and sometimes you may miss it (happened to me few times as I tapped ok,but the phone did not get it - it is close to the edge of screen). I have my xperia charging at night and my iPod is my alarm (can set up alarm in iPod in few simple moves, takes 2seconds - dont tell me that Apple products are for idiots, I want my "smarphone" to work well so I dont have to get frustrated all the time and use my brain for things that need it).The Clock. Simple feature, everything has it these days. Well, but even that does not work smoothly. When you switch on the phone it shows the time from last time you had it on, so it may give you a good suprise/confuse you sometimes. It is not 90's, these things should work reliably and without all these glitches.
- Wifi: It constantly loses the signal and sometimes it takes ages to see the network. I have to often switch on and off the wifi to get the network at home and it is not the fault of my network provider or wifi router. I have an iPad which logs in to wifi in seconds and never losses the signal. Sony...it is awful. Not that you could use the internet anyway if you get it as the internet browsing is horrible as noted above, plus after few updates of some apps you run out of the internal memory. Some applications need to be installed in internal memory, I have 32 gig card and it still doesnt change the fact that the phone shows me constantly that I do not have enough space for required updates.
- Powering on the phone can take very long time.
In conclusion, if you buy Sony Xperia J, you are getting yourself somewhat attractive (matter of taste) plastic shell, which does not work well. I bought that phone because I could not afford an iPhone that time (lost my phone and needed a fast replacement) and thought I will give it a try (to give non Apple brand a chance). FAIL !
I will never ever buy anything else from Sony again and will strongly advise anyone who is considering buying Sony smartphone to do the right move and look elsewhere (iPhone?)
J.S. London, UK
I agree with my friend. In same situation as you are.
i bought this phone thinking it was good value for money. So wrong. Absolutely appalling advert problem- I frequently get full page adverts when I'm texting, the sort that take you to there page no matter what you click, and loads of automatic download advert apps cluttering up my screen all the time. Also the screen frequently freezes, so when typing, you type the letters and when they finally appear on screen they've come out as a load of gobble-de-gook!! I don't suggest anyone buys the Xperia J
Sounds like you've downloaded a dodgy app. I suggest you do a factory reset.
You are using sony last 7 years then its time to change the brand really.
i did a reset yesterday and it didnt do anything without the apps, thanks though :)
i also deal the same problem..wat is the solution for it????
I actually love this phone , surprised by the number of complaints
I recomend not to by this phone. i bought this phone 2 month back & visited sony Service centes 8-10 time. screen freezes every 10 Mins poor touch quality hope less camara bakwas sound. it does not support many apps in the store if downloaded phone slows down. At last i would say micromax canvas is much better.
I could not have put that better myself, had nothing but problems with it since I got it last December and I have another 6 months on my contract!!! changing back to my old phone for the sake of my sanityworst phone I have every owned, everything crashes, takes about 5 mins to make a telephone call, and don't even try to take a photograph as not enough time in the day, very very annoying grr
Same problem here also. Some time my screen doesn't respond touch i am unable to unlock it ........
If the phone lags. just lock the phone and then unlock it... it will go back to normal..
I did a factory reset, and it updated a few things but it still has bad typing probs, and still freezes, but there aren't so many ads now for me.
I don't recommend this phone to anyone!!!!!
Mobile Phone round-ups
Update: The Moto X Style, Nexus 5X and new iPhones join the ranks
Update: The definitive list of great Android phones
The best large-screen smartphones out there
More Mobile Phone Round-ups
Sign up for the
TrustedReviews email newsletter
Get TrustedReviews' award-winning reviews, opinions and advice delivered to your inbox for free!
Plus get great deals and exclusive offers from Time Inc. (UK) Ltd and its partners.
Trusted Reviews is part of the Time Inc. (UK) Ltd Technology Network