- Page 1Sony Alpha A900 Digital SLR
- Page 2 Sony Alpha A900 digital SLR
- Page 3 Sony Alpha A900 digital SLR
- Page 4 Sony Alpha A900 digital SLR
- Page 5 Features Table
- Page 6 Test Shots – ISO Performance
- Page 7 Test Shots – Detail and Lens Performance
- Page 8 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation
”Over the next few pages we show a range of test shots. On this page the full size image at the minimum and maximum ISO settings have been reduced to let you see the full image, and a series of full resolution crops have taken from original images at a range of ISO settings to show the overall image quality. These were shot in Raw mode and then converted using Adobe Camera Raw, with 25 percent chroma noise reduction. ”
This is the full frame at 100 ISO.
Not too surprisingly, flawless image quality at 100 ISO.
No noticeable difference at 200 ISO.
there is a little noise grain showing through at 400 ISO, but it’s not enough to cause a problem.
Slightly more texture at 800 ISO, but the effect is not dissimilar to film grain.
There’s a little colour noise creeping in at 1600 ISO, but overall quality is still good.
Noise is now very visible at 3200 ISO.
Image quality at 6400 ISO is not as good as some rivals, notably the Canon EOS 5D MkII.
This is the full frame at 6400 ISO.