- Page 1Pentax K100D Digital SLR
- Page 2 Pentax K100D
- Page 3 Pentax K100D
- Page 4 Pentax K100D
- Page 5 Feature Table
- Page 6 Test Shots – Full Resolution Crops
- Page 7 Test Shots – Full Resolution Crops
- Page 8 Pentax Shake Reduction
- Page 9 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation
Since the Pentax Shake Reduction system is new and untried, I took a series of hand-held test shots at a range of low shutter speeds to see how it coped. These shots were all taken at a focal length of 55mm, so the recommended safe shooting speed would be at least 1/60th of a second.
One stop below the recommended speed at 1/30th, and there is a tiny hint of movement blur. Nothing to worry about really.
More than 2 stops below the recommended speed at 1/10th, and if anything this shot is sharper than the last one.
More than 3 stops below the recommended speed at 1/6th, and this shot is nice and sharp. Two others at this speed were shake-blurred though.