- Page 1Nikon D5000 Digital SLR
- Page 2 Nikon D5000 Digital SLR
- Page 3 Nikon D5000 Digital SLR
- Page 4 Nikon D5000 Digital SLR
- Page 5 Features Table
- Page 6 Test Shots – ISO Performance
- Page 7 Test Shots – Detail and Lens Performance
- Page 8 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation
”Over the next few pages we show a range of test shots. On this page the full size image at the minimum and maximum ISO settings have been reduced to let you see the full image, and a series of full resolution crops have taken from original images at a range of ISO settings to show the overall image quality. These pictures were taken indoors using reflected natural light ”
Despite mild under-exposure, this is the full frame at the minimum 200 ISO.
At the minimum ISO setting the image is clean and noise-free, if a little dark.
400 ISO and there are still no significant problems.
800 ISO and already noise is visible, and colour depth is reduced.
Exposure is slightly more accurate at 1600 ISO, but the red is very blotchy.
For comparison here’s the same shot with High ISO noise control turned to maximum. Unfortunately it’s under-exposed again.
The maximum 3200 ISO, and there is a lot of noise all over the image.
This is the full frame at 3200 ISO.