- Page 1Nikon D5000 Digital SLR
- Page 2 Nikon D5000 Digital SLR
- Page 3 Nikon D5000 Digital SLR
- Page 4 Nikon D5000 Digital SLR
- Page 5 Features Table
- Page 6 Test Shots – ISO Performance
- Page 7 Test Shots – Detail and Lens Performance
- Page 8 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation
”Here are some general test shots to help evaluate the camera’s overall image quality, including the zoom range of the lens. Some pictures may be clicked to download the full size original image. ”
The wide angle end of the 18-55mm kit lens.
Zooming in from the same position, this is the 55mm end of the kit lens.
Here’s a shot taken with the Active D-Lighting feature switched off.
The same shot again, but with Active D-Lighting set to maximum. As you can see there is a a lot more shadow detail and less over-exposure in the highlights.
In bright sunlight the colour rendition is superb.
Score in detail
Image Quality 8
Build Quality 9
|Camera type||Digital SLR|
|Megapixels (Megapixel)||12.3 Megapixel|
|Optical Zoom (Times)||By lensx|
|LCD Monitor||2.7 in|
|Flash modes||Auto Flash, Flash OFF, Flash ON, Red-eye Reduction|
|Video (max res/format)||1280 x 720|
|Memory card slot||Secure Digital (SD) Card, Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) Card|