- Page 1Fujifilm FinePix S1000fd
- Page 2 Fujifilm FinePix S1000fd
- Page 3 Fujifilm FinePix S1000fd
- Page 4 Features table
- Page 5 Test shots – ISO performance
- Page 6 Test shots – Detail and lens perfomance
- Page 7 Test shots – Exposure evaluation
”A range of general test shots are shown over the next two pages. In some cases, the full size image has been reduced for bandwidth purposes, and a crop taken from the original full resolution image has been placed below it to show the overall image quality. Some other pictures may be clicked to view the original full-size image.”
Here’s the usual detail test shot of the West Window of Exeter Cathedral, for you to compare with other cameras. See below for a full res crop, or click to see the whole picture. Please excuse very overcast weather conditions, and the grey lighting.
The overall level of detail isn’t bad, but the lousy light makes it look worse.
The lens does produce noticeable barrel distortion at the wide-angle end.
Centre sharpness is pretty good…
…as is corner sharpness.
Slight pincushion distortion in this telephoto shot.