- Page 1Canon PowerShot A590 IS
- Page 2 Canon PowerShot A590 IS
- Page 3 Canon PowerShot A590 IS
- Page 4 Features table
- Page 5 Test shots – ISO performance
- Page 6 Test shots – Detail and lens perfomance
- Page 7 Test shots – Exposure evaluation
”Here are some general test shots to help evaluate the camera’s overall image quality, including the zoom range of the lens. Some pictures may be clicked to download the full size original image.”
The wide angle end of the zoom range is equivalent to 35mm.
The telephoto end of the 4x zoom is equivalent to 140mm.
Colours are over-saturated, with little detail in the brightest colours.
Shadow detail is good, although highlights do get burned out.
Score in detail
Image Quality 6
Build Quality 9
|Camera type||Digital Compact|
|Megapixels (Megapixel)||8 Megapixel|
|Optical Zoom (Times)||4x|
|LCD Monitor||2.5 in|
|Flash modes||Auto Flash, Red-eye Reduction, Flash ON, Flash OFF|
|Video (max res/format)||640 x 480|
|Memory card slot||MMCplus, Secure Digital (SD) Card, Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) Card, MultiMediaCard (MMC)|