- Page 1Canon EOS 500D Digital SLR
- Page 2 Canon EOS 500D Digital SLR
- Page 3 Canon EOS 500D Digital SLR
- Page 4 Canon EOS 500D Digital SLR
- Page 5 Features Table
- Page 6 Test Shots – ISO Performance
- Page 7 Test Shots – Detail and Lens Performance
- Page 8 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation
”Over the next few pages we show a range of test shots. On this page the full size image at the minimum and maximum ISO settings have been reduced to let you see the full image, and a series of full resolution crops have taken from original images at a range of ISO settings to show the overall image quality. These pictures were taken indoors using reflected natural light ”
This is the full frame at 100 ISO.
At the minimum ISO setting the image quality is pretty much flawless despite the 1/4-second exposure.
Virtually identical results at 200 ISO.
There is a bit of chroma noise in the mid-tone areas at 400 ISO, but it’s nothing serious.
Much the same at 800 ISO.
The image quality is quite printable at 1600 ISO, which is about what you need for good indoor no-flash photography.
3200 ISO is getting a bit noisy, but it’s not completely unusable.