- Page 1Canon Digital IXUS 850 IS
- Page 2 Canon Digital IXUS 850 IS
- Page 3 Canon Digital IXUS 850 IS
- Page 4 Feature Table
- Page 5 Test Shots – Full Resolution Crops
- Page 6 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation
- Page 7 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation
”This page consists of resized images so that you can evaluate the overall exposure.”
The wide-angle end of the zoom range is equivalent to 28mm on a film camera, good for panoramic landscape shots or large groups at parties.
Taken from the same spot as the shot above, this shows the telephoto end of the 3.8x zoom lens, equivalent to 105mm.
Despite being wider than most, the Canon lens produces very little spherical distortion, although there is some blue fringing in the top right.
My usual shot of the front of the cathedral for detail comparison. See the full-size blow-up below.
This 600×600 crop shows a section of the above image at full resolution. You can just make out the anti-pigeon netting.
Score in detail
Image Quality 9
|Camera type||Ultra Compact|
|Megapixels (Megapixel)||7.1 Megapixel|
|Optical Zoom (Times)||3.8x|