- Page 1Canon Digital IXUS 850 IS
- Page 2 Canon Digital IXUS 850 IS
- Page 3 Canon Digital IXUS 850 IS
- Page 4 Feature Table
- Page 5 Test Shots – Full Resolution Crops
- Page 6 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation
- Page 7 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation
”This page consists of resized images so that you can evaluate the overall exposure.”
After the dismal performance of the A710’s flash last week, it’s good to see that the flash on the IXUS 850 works perfectly.
A shot like this is never going to look good, but the Canon has coped better than most, retaining plenty of detail in the shadow areas and avoiding fringing on the burned-out highlights.
With this much orange in the scene, some auto white-balance systems would have added a colour cast, but the Digic III processor is made of smarter stuff.
The IXUS 850 has a good zoom control, allowing accurate framing for some arty snapshots.