- Page 1Canon Digital IXUS 100 IS
- Page 2 Canon Digital IXUS 100 IS
- Page 3 Canon Digital IXUS 100 IS
- Page 4 Features Table
- Page 5 Test Shots – ISO Performance
- Page 6 Test Shots – Detail and Lens Performance
- Page 7 Test Shots – Exposure Evaluation
”Over the next few pages we show a range of test shots. On this page the full size image at the minimum and maximum ISO settings have been reduced to let you see the full image, and a series of full resolution crops have taken from original images at a range of ISO settings to show the overall image quality. These pictures were taken indoors using tungsten light.”
This is the full frame at 80 ISO.
At the minimum sensitivity setting the image quality is excellent.
There’s no real difference at 100 ISO.
Still no noise problems at 200 ISO.
Noise is starting to show at 400 ISO, but the image quality is still good.
More noise at 800 ISO, and some loss of detail, but the tonal gradients are still quite smooth.
Canon has wisely limited the IXUS 100 IS to 1600 ISO, and you can see why.
This is the full frame at 1600 ISO.