IMPORTANT - How to enter - Read the following carefully
Simply send us one photograph which you think best captures the theme for the month. The photograph must be your own work, and you must legally hold the copyright to it (so no copying photos out of magazines or nicking them from other websites!). So as to level the playing field a bit and not hand an overwhelming advantage to those of you with digital SLRs, and also to prevent our email system from exploding, the image file size may be no larger than 3.0 megabytes, although I would like to see pictures that are at least 800 pixels wide. You can edit, improve or alter your photo in any way you like.
When you've got a nice picture ready to send, here's what you need to do:
* Make sure your picture is at least 800 pixels wide, but less than 3MB.
* Re-name the image file to your name with an underscore between first and second names, so it's "Joe_Bloggs.jpg"
* Start a new email, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Put the words "Colours of Autumn" in the subject line of the email.
* In the body text of the email, put your postal address, and what type of memory card you'd like to receive (SD, CompactFlash etc.). This is very important; you can't receive a prize if we don't know where to send it.
* Add your competition photo as an attachment to this email.
* And finally the most important bit; click "Send".
If you want to discuss the competition, or have any questions about the rules or how to enter, follow the link below to the forum page.
This month's theme
Your theme for the month of November is COLOURS OF AUTUMN This is the theme for the competition, so please try to follow it. Every month at least ten percent of the entries completely miss the theme because some people don't read this page properly, and therefore stand no chance of winning no matter how good they are.
Entries for this month's competition should arrive no later than NOVEMBER 30TH 2007, so you've got about a month to get snapping.
* In the event that the S9600 has been replaced in Fuji's model range by May next year, Fuji has agreed to provide its successor (which is also sure to be a great camera) as a prize instead.
Since some people have asked for clarification on this matter, all submitted photos remain the property of the entrant. We reserve the right to publish a selection of the best submissions in the competition results update in a few days, but we will not use your pictures for any other purpose without your express permission. We are certainly not using them to build our own stock photo library, since I already have about 35,000 photos of my own, and anyway I have an account at iStock.
Forum thread: TR Forum