IMPORTANT - Please read the following page carefully
THIS MONTH'S THEME
Your theme for the month of November is ANIMALS AT WORK.
You are free to interpret this theme in any way you want, but do at least try to follow it. In our previous competition, every month a number of entries completely missed the theme because some people obviously didn't read this page properly. Photos that don't follow the theme stand no chance of winning no matter how good they are. Also we are still getting a number of entries that aren't labelled correctly. PLEASE REMEMBER to put your name in the filename of the picture you are sending in, otherwise it can get lost. You can't win if we can't identify your photo.
Entries for this month's competition should arrive no later than NOVEMBER 30TH 2008, so you've got a month to go bother some hard-working animals. Try not to get eaten.
Simply send us ONE (and only one) photograph which you think best captures the theme for the month. The photograph must be wholly your own work, and you must legally hold the copyright to it. Anyone caught stealing images from other sources will be instantly disqualified and banned from entering future competitions.
Images must be submitted in JPEG format, and must be at least 600 pixels wide, and the total file size must be no larger than 3.0 megabytes.
You can edit, improve or alter your photo in any way you like. Composite images made using an image editing program are acceptable, as long as they are made predominantly from photographs, and that all parts of the image are wholly your own work. Due to the size limitations it's a good idea to avoid wide frames or borders, and very wide panoramic pictures seldom look good when reduced to a width of 600 pixels. Please don't put copyright watermarks or other identifying marks on the photo, although you may add them into the EXIF data if you wish. Don't worry; we won't steal your work!
HOW TO ENTER
When you've got a nice picture ready to send, here's what you need to do:
- Save your picture in JPEG format.
- Make sure your picture is at least 600 pixels wide, but less than 3MB.
- Re-name the image file to your name with an underscore between first and second names, such as "Joe_Bloggs.jpg" for example. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.
- Start a new email to email@example.com
- Put the words "Animals at work" in the subject line of the email.
- In the body text of the email, put your postal address, and what type of memory card you'd like to receive (SD, CompactFlash etc.). This is very important; you can't receive a prize if we don't know where to send it.
- If you could give a brief description of your photo, just 10-20 words or so, including what kind of camera you used to take it, it would be appreciated, although this is not essential and your photo will not be marked down if you don't do this. It just makes the results page a bit more interesting.
- Add your competition photo as an attachment to your email and send it in.
If you want to discuss the competition, or have any questions about the rules or how to enter, follow the link below to the forum page.
We reserve the right to publish a selection of the best entries in the competition results update a few days after the closing date, but all other rights remain with the photographer, and we will not use your pictures for any other purpose without your explicit permission.
Forum thread: TR Forum