Both the iPad 2 and Asus Eee Pad Transformer are flat-out great products. They're desirable, well-priced, powerful and versatile in different ways. There are aspects we haven't covered - like the cameras - but they're things we don't feel should really be central to your buying decision (The Transformer offers higher-spec sensors, but they're not much cop either).
If the last six pages have been a little bit too much to digest (or even read), here's a summary of the score so far.
You should buy an Eee Pad Transformer -
- To write extended documents
- If being locked into iTunes sounds like a nightmare
- To replace a netbook or ultra-portable laptop
- To do any sort of remotely serious work
- If you're a relative technophobe
- To play games
- If you're already an iSubscriber
- If accessories are your 'thang
Read our full Asus Eee Pad Transformer and iPad 2 reviews.