The first free content update for Halo 5: Guardians is now live; adding new modes, weapons and skins to the shooter.
The “Battle of Shadow and Light” update has arrived for Halo 5: Guardians, and it’s available to download now.
Xbox One owners will be prompted to apply the update next time they go online, which will add the following to Halo 5:
- 48 new REQs, including new armors, helmets, weapon skins, weapon and vehicle variants, a new visor and assassination, and new emblems.
- Added Big Team Battle playlist to Arena matchmaking
- Added BTB (Big Team Battle) Capture the Flag, Strongholds, and Slayer to matchmaking and custom games.
The update adds four all new multiplayer maps for Big Team Battle, which can be played either through custom games or online matchmaking:
- Basin by the 343 Multiplayer team
- Deadlock by Nokyard & the 343 Multiplayer Team
- Guillotine by The Psycho Duck & the 343 Multiplayer Team
- Recurve by The Fated Fire & the 343 Multiplayer Team
Related: PS4 vs Xbox One
343 Industries has also balanced out a number of issues players have been having online, including the starting grenade count and the time in which it takes to rank up.
You can check out the full list of patch notes over at Halo Waypoint, which goes into greater detail on the update.
The download weighs in at 6.2 GB, which is a little bit smaller than the day one patch for Halo 5: Guardians.
343 has even released a nifty little inforgraphic of what to expect from the new armour, emblems and equipment coming in the new update.