Home » News » Mobile Phone News » Samsung Galaxy S4 explosion said to have caused house to burn down

Samsung Galaxy S4 explosion said to have caused house to burn down

by | Go to comments

Share:
Samsung Galaxy S4 fire
The fire damage reportedly caused by the Samsung Galaxy S4

A Samsung Galaxy S4 is the source of much concern after it was claimed a version of the phone exploded in Hong Kong, causing a house to burn down.

With both the Samsung Galaxy S4 and iPhone 5 having been the subjects of recent smartphone fires, latest reports coming from the Chinese media have claimed a Mr Du was playing a game on his Samsung Galaxy S4 when the HTC One rival spontaneously ignited within his Hong Kong home.

It is suggested that Du then threw the burning phone onto his sofa before rounding up his wife and escaping the property with only minor injuries. Reports have stated that the fire then expanded throughout the property, turning the house into a burnt-out write-off.

Unlike recent incidents in China, Mr Du has claimed that he was only using officially licensed parts with the phone, including the charger which came boxed with his Samsung Galaxy S4.

The Hong Kong arm of Samsung has confirmed that it will investigate the incident, with a chemical analysis of the phone’s remains to be carried out.

Earlier this month a Samsung Galaxy S4 reportedly caught fire after being left to charge overnight in Abu Dhabi. Speaking on the incident which is said to have affected her phone, handset owner Sarah Shurrub stated: “I cannot explain to you my extreme frustration, disappointment and extreme fear when I found my brand new Samsung Galaxy S4 burning at the charger connection to the phone.”

She added: “The phone was found burning, while charging. It’s only thanks to God that I woke up in the middle of the night and controlled the burning before it could cause damage to my home and family.”

The latest in a recent spate of smartphone safety concerns, the claimed Samsung Galaxy S4 fire is said to have occurred just weeks after a Chinese woman died after being electrocuted by her charging iPhone 5.

An official statement from Apple at the time of the incident earlier this month stated: "We are deeply saddened to learn of this tragic incident and offer our condolences to the Ma family. We will fully investigate and cooperate with authorities in this matter."

Read More: Samsung Galaxy S4 vs HTC One

Via: NDTV

Go to comments
comments powered by Disqus