Weighs less than 2kg and we've already got the world exclusive first hands-on!
Unless you only read the news RSS then you will have noticed that we’ve already written about Samsung’s latest notebook, the X460, since we’ve been fortunate enough to be first in the world to get our dirty mitts on one. Still, if you are reading RSS or are just a bit lazy, then here’s the overview on Samsung’s newly announced notebook.
It’s a 14.1 inch laptop that, unlike the Samsung X360, utilises regular mobile processors and an optical drive to create something of a power user’s wet dream. As with all these skinny laptops it has an LED backlit screen and should have excellent battery life (up to five hours) thanks to a decent six-cell battery. Other notable features include HDMI, e-SATA and DVI connections, Draft-N Wi-Fi, DDR3 memory and a total weight of less than 2kg – pretty impressive for a laptop of this size.
Check out below for a spec sheet but frankly, it’s about time you stop reading this news piece and start reading our Exclusive Hands-on Preview, where you can get the skinny on all its features and design.
- Intel Centrino 2 Processor Technology (FSB 1066MHz)
- DDR3 1066MHz 1GB ~ 4GB
- 14.1” Flat-LED WXGA (1280 x 800) Gloss
- 120 GB ~ 320 GB (5400 rpm S-ATA)
- Super Multi Dual Layer (9.5mm S-ATA)
- nVIDIA GeForce Go 9300M GS (Ext. Graphic)
- Intel 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth 2.0 + Enhanced Data Rate*
- 7-in-1 Card Reader (MS, MS Pro, SD, SDHC, MMC, MMC plus, xD)
- 3 x USB 2.0
- 1 x PCI Express Card Slot (34 mm)
- 1 x HDMI
- 1 x Headphone-out
- 1 x Mic in
- 1 x Integrated Mic
- 1 x VGA Port
- 1 x RJ45 (LAN)
- 1 x Docking Port
- 1.3 Mega Pixel Web Camera*
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 333.0 x 245.7 x 20.9 ~ 31.9 mm
- Weight: 1.84 kg (incl. ODD & 6 cell battery)